Summer is fast approaching and what better way to prepare for the heat with ice cold delicious smoothies.
I have sourced 9 refreshing smoothie recipies, even the kids will love. All of the recipies mentioned below are easy to make and will save you a ton of money. Say goodbye to overpriced shop bought smoothies and hello to affordable fresh home made smoothies. From berries to chocolate this list of delicious drinks will keep you cool all summer long.
Blueberry Mint Green Smoothie
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups blueberry (you can mix one cup frozen and one cup fresh)
- 1 kiwi
- 3-4 large mint leaves
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup ice
Pop all the ingredients in a blender and mix!
Recipe and photo was found from The Merrythought
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup Silk Almond Coconut Blend or Silk Almond Milk Protein & Fibre Blend
Put all ingredients into a blender and mix, Add more Almond Milk if it gets too thick.
Recipe and photo found from Glued to My Crafts
Raspberry Lemonade Smoothie
- 1 can of lemonade concentrate…frozen or thawed, whatever suits
- 1 & ½ cans of water
- 2 cups of frozen raspberries
- ¼ sugar
- 4 cups of ice (more or less depending on how runny you want it)
- fresh lemons
Mix all of the first 5 ingredients in a blender, pour then top with sprinkles of lemon (optional).
Recipe and photo found from High Heels and Grills
Peach Melba Sunrise Smoothie
- 1 peach
- 75g frozen raspberries
- 240 ml of almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 240 ml orange juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
1.In a blender mix the raspberries, almond milk, vanilla extract and lemon juice – blend until smooth. You can add more almond milk if it’s too thick.
2. Pour the smoothie into two glasses and fill each glass halfway.
3.Clean out the blender, then mix both the peach and orange juice together until they are smooth
4. Pour on top of the raspberry mixtures and let it naturally combine together to create a lovely effect,
Recipe and photo found from Wallflower Kitchen
Immunity Boosting Orange Smoothie
- ½ medium banana
- 1 cup mango pieces – frozen
- 1 large orange
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ tbsp vanilla extract
- Ice (as much as you like)
Blend all ingredients together in a blender and serve!
Recipe and photo found from Kristine’s Kitchen
Dark Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie
- ¾ cups frozen strawberries
- 1 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup skimmed milk
- ½ lowfat strawberry greek yoghurt
- ½ ice
Blend all of the above ingredients in a blender. Pop some fresh strawberries on top if you fancy. Enjoy!
Recipe and photo found from Nutritioulicious
Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 kiwis peeled
- 1 banana – preferably frozen
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Blend all ingredients in a blender.
Recipe and photo found from Busy Mommy Media
Paleo Summer Grapefruit Peach Raspberry Smoothie
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 peach
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup of coconut or any milk you prefer
Recipe and photo found from WhittyPaleo
Kale Pineapple Avocado Protein Smoothie
- ⅔ cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 50 g kale (2 large handfuls) leaves of 8 stalks
- ⅓ cup of pineapple chunks
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 scoop protein powder -vanilla was used for this.
- 1 cup of ice cubes
Puree until smooth in a blender.
Recipe and photo found from delicious by dre
You might also like:
- 11 Ways To Remove Clothing Stains Like a Boss
- 50+ Ways You Can Make Extra Money
- Your Guide To Frugal Fragrances – Save Money On Perfume
- 8 Websites You Can Get Freebies From